Monday, March 14, 2011

Though the cherry trees don't blossom
   and the strawberries don't ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten
   and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless
   and the cattle barns empty,
I'm singing joyful praise to God.
   I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God's Rule to prevail,
   I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.
   I feel like I'm king of the mountain!

Habukkuk 3:17-19

Despite my circumstances, no matter what I see or don't see, whether I understand what God is doing or not, YET will I rejoice in the Lord.  Praise is a choice I will make. I cannot forget how good God is and how temporary this life is. I need to focus and meditate on what the word says, on who I know Him to be in my life, on what I know He has already done and what His promises are to me. Only through continual praise will my perspective change. And boy, does my perspective need to change.

It seems our lives are in a constant state of change. Life is never boring at our house. I have to continually remind myself that change is good... it means that my children are growing up - into the productive members of society I'd hope they'd become.  it means that my family is growing - I've prayed for Godly husbands for my girls all of their lives and Jonathan is exactly the answer to that prayer.  it means that Steve and I are settling into a new phase of our marriage - one we've never really had - being alone - we got married November 3rd, got pregnant in January and had our first child October 22nd. We had to have a babysitter on our first anniversary. crazy.

I will praise.  through all the stuff.  through the tears. and the change.  I will praise.

Jason Craft is preaching a series on being a people of praise at Messiah's House right now. All of his messages speak to me, but this one about praise is speaking directly to me.  I love to worship, I love to praise. This however, has brought new revelation and new meaning as I feel called to worship. 

I've had the privilege of sitting under some very good teaching from some really good preachers.  But I can honestly say that Jason has been the person I think I have consistently learned from and enjoyed listening to the most.  By far.  I think there is a "real-ness" that Jason speaks from, a very intimate and open relationship with the Lord, and an honesty with the people he's been called to lead. I am very thankful for my church family, our church home and a pastor living life with us.

1 comment:

Jami Nato said...

We had a babysitter for our first anniversary too! Ha...I'll be coming to you for advice in about 20 years on what to do with an empty house... :)