Thursday, March 17, 2011

I hate dieting...

Really, hate it. Yes, I know hate is a terrible word, but oh well.  I am determined to lose some weight before my daughter's June 3rd wedding.  I really wanted to start last fall when Jonathan proposed.  I really wanted to start my diet when Leigh Anne first asked if I had an idea of what I was going to wear. I really wanted to start trying when my sweet friends offered to be my accountability.  But my ridiculous, crazy life kept getting in the way!! And I really like to eat. Yeah, that's a problem when you need to diet.

So the ridiculousness of my lack of self control and weakness of my flesh really hit me as I was driving down Western. I drove past Wendy's and McDonald's.  As I drove by I got a whiff of french fries... and nearly drove off the road.  NOW THAT IS JUST STUPID. I didn't stop, I didn't give in.  But it still made me swoon a little.  which again, is really stupid, considering I don't even eat french fries very often when I'm NOT DIETING!!  oh brother.

4 comments:

nafarren said...

is ridiculousness even a word?? for today, let's pretend it is.

Meg said...

french fries are a major weakness of mine too!! and i believe in ridiculousness!!

Jami Nato said...

I think you look hot.

nafarren said...

you sweet thing! your pregnancy hormomes are making you even more tender hearted - so it is mandatory that you be nice to old ladies. hot has never been in the ballpark. lukewarm, maybe... haha Steve and Leigh Anne are on their way to see you... i'm jealous.