Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rescued, Restored, Redeemed

I mess up. I make mistakes. Sometimes I intentionally do stupid things, other times, stupid just falls on me. I am not perfect. No where close. But I'm trying. I try to do the best I can in most situations. I want to be better. You just can't always see it.

Every day is a new adventure. I want to continually hear the Holy Spirit leading me and guiding me into better choices. (yes, that word again...) I am so very thankful for grace and mercy. And new mornings. New opportunities to get it right. 

One of these nights, as I get ready to sleep, I am going to look back at my day and think, "I did it. I had a good day. I made good choices. I let Jesus lead me. I loved. I laughed. I learned. Even more importantly - I didn't screw anything up today."

It hasn't happened yet. I mean I know I'll never be perfect. I know that without God I'm a miserable mess, but even with Him I am still me. and more often than I care to admit, I see me and my mess in my daily life more than I see Jesus. But one of these days...

I'll see more of Him and less of me.

That's my prayer. More of You Jesus, less of me.  

Until then I keep thanking Him for grace and mercy.

You bring restoration,
You bring restoration,
You bring restoration, to my soul.
You've taken my pain and You call me by a new name.
You've taken my shame and in its place, you give me joy.
You take my mourning, turn it into dancing.
You take my weeping, turn it into laughing.
You take my mourning, turn it into dancing.
You take my sadness, turn it into joy.


Hallelujah, Hallelujah, You make all things new, all things new.
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, You make all things new.

This weekend I got to be on the worship team at Messiah's House. I love it, it's a blessing and it's fun. I enjoy the people I get to hang out with and especially love that I get to sing with the team. I have a great passion for worship. We sing a lot of Jesus Culture music, music growing out of Bethel and IHOP music.  Good stuff. I believe most of it is music truly inspired by the heartbeat of God.  These are some of the lyrics that we sang this weekend that renew my hope, encourage me to move forward and bring peace and joy to my soul.

Thanks David Brymer for an awesome song.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Nancy! I love your blog! I will be stalking you now! I love the restoration song...I sing it for days after we do it in church. AND I LOOOVE it when you lead in worship...your voice is beautiful. I'm convinced mine will be too when I am physically before Him. :) Love you, friend!