Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's all about choices...

Several years ago, the Lord spoke to me about the choices we all make. I often said to our girls before they left the house to "make good choices". Everyday I am confronted with opportunities to make choices. We all are... from the mundane to life changing. The hardest thing to remember is that EVERY choice is a life or death choice... it's true, they are. Every choice I make is a step toward life and health, or death and destruction. From choosing salad over fries, to driving 70 instead of my favorite, 82. The outfit I wear over another, the way I spend my money, the words I use and the ones I choose to bite back - they are all choices. And they all have an impact on not only me, but everyone around me and even some I don't know.

I have to CHOOSE every day to try to make better choices. Just as I reminded my girls, I have to remind myself to make good choices. Life choices. Choices that will enhance, improve and benefit my life. I choose today, to give thought and consideration to my choices as much as I possibly can. Lord, help me.

No comments: