Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Joy

I love Easter! I love, love the big family gathering we commit to every year. I love the food we eat only at Easter. I love the kids and their goodie baskets and the eggs and the candy and, well.... just all of it!

I especially love all that the holiday celebrates. I am so very thankful of the sacrifice Jesus made -

Hebrews 12: 1-3  1Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also (A)lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us (B)run with (C)endurance the race that is set before us,
2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the (D)author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him (E)endured the cross, (F)despising the shame, and has (G)sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3For (H)consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary (I)and lose heart.

His joy was in knowing that by His sacrifice we can live in the love of a relationship with our Heavenly Father.

I don't love that I don't live in true appreciation of that sacrifice 24/7. I don't love that I take for granted the work of the cross. I don't love that I have to start over again every day... praise God for who He has been for me and His new mercies every single day.

I also don't love that while I was blog-cruising (I like that better than blog-stalking!) my friend Carrie's hilarious blog, I forgot about my ridiculously delicious (and expensive - read that as 5 cups of nuts!) home-made granola in the oven. Yep, I burned it. and yes, I cussed. I couldn't be mad enough with out throwing "dammit" out there a time, or 5.  boo.  Yes, Jesus, please help me!

1 comment:

Jami Nato said...

burning homemade granola deserves a few cuss words!